Friday, January 27, 2012

Microsoft Exchange Server Support

When I keyed in the words exchange support to read a little more about the various options available in the market, two warning statements or rather two sets of warning statements struck me as rather interesting. The first strongly cautioned that one should stay away from the least expensive contractor following the axiom that paying for peanuts gets you monkeys! Interesting advice as normally lower quotes tend to get ones attention.
The second bit of warning/advice was that in the event that before one actually bought Microsoft exchange server software one should get extensive training. The MS server as I understand is a very useful tool in that it enhances communication and protects and improves communication, a vital business tool. MS Exchange can also be very effective in stopping spam. It also has the ability to grow with the business. What I found odd was that normally, one looks at training and tutorials post acquisition of a product. In the case of the MS exchange server, it seems the opposite.
In order to better understand the product there are several options available to users. First, there are internet tutorials on MS Exchange that would benefit, in my mind the more techs savvy amongst us. Alternatively, one could look at joining a Microsoft Exchange ASP and software certification and training course. The point that is really being driven home here with regard to the MS exchange server really is that this application is as good as the mind that manages it. Therefore, all those employees that would be using the MS server should enter in depth tutorials to manage the same
Let's go back to the first warning that I mentioned that was with regard to an externally hosted exchange server. I believe that there are many vendors in the business for this service and I am told that their service features are fairly standard. At the end of the day for a business what really matters is the quality of the customer service and the smooth functioning of the server, i.e. the up time.
For a business that chooses to go for an externally hosted exchange, you have to be thorough in your vendor selection. Check the exchange server support helpline turnaround time whether it is by e-mail or by return phone calls. Also, another element is the quality of the exchange support. Does it make any sense to you or your business or is it only adding to the clutter? Try chatting online with exchange server staff, see if their tone and quality of advice is something that works for you. The MS exchange is a vital life line of your business, you must choose a MS exchange support vendor who comes well recommended by your peers. Manufacturer website and Industry magazines also provide useful rating services that could prove helpful in your selection of a MS exchange server. Use the free trial periods to the fullest before finalizing your support vendor.
The second warning, piece of advice that I mentioned earlier is something that I am going to pass up. Really, if I have to invest this kind of time and money on training, I really am going to be in trouble. I will get my own exchange but I will call in the experts to manage it for me. I need full time exchange server support from what I have understood about the product and who better than a qualified tech support company. They can look after the installation of the exchange server; troubleshoot as and when required as well as look at any updates and fixes.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2350275

No comments:

Post a Comment